Jan 9, 2008

A Chat at the Porch - EinTratsch am Portal




I wanted to try some new fabrics I got and this is the result. The photo is a little bit dark because in winter I'm not having the ideal light for shooting... Anyhow it is one of my pieces which call for a frame (I mostly use a white one).

I used many fabrics and paper and also machine embroidery to do some details. It's a combination of drawing and stitching. The paper underneath is a hand made one.

The size is about 8"x10" (20x25cm)

Ich wollte einige neue Stoffe ausprobieren und das ist das Ergebnis. Das Foto ist ein wenig dunkel, weil ich jetzt im Winter Schwierigkeiten mit dem Licht im Studio habe... Es ist eines von meinen Stücken, die einen Rahmen verlangen (ich verwende meistens einen Weißen).

Ich habe viele Stoffe verwendet und auch Papier. Maschinsticken unterstützt einige Details. Es ist eine Kombination von Zeichnen und Sticken. Das Papier am Boden ist handgeschöpft.

Die Größe ist ca. 20x25cm.

6 comments:

  1. Außerordentlich schön geworden - und so ein Tratsch hat ja auch was,gell!
    LG
    Waltraud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mixed media piece and the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Lovely Sara
    Happy New Year
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich gucke mir so gerne Deine Mixed Media Collagen an, sie haben für mich eine Stimmung wie Illustrationen in Märchenbüchern. Und so "verzaubert" kann ich dann sehr gut an meinen Werktisch, danke für diese Einstimmung.
    Liebe Grüße
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. And such a wonderful idea, a chat at the porch. Do people do this anymore?? :)

    I love the way you incorporate different materials so well. The handmade paper is a lovely color.

    My friend A. the Haiku poet said he received your wonderful artwork. I can't wait to see it when I sometime drive back down there where he lives.

    Blessings, Suki

    ReplyDelete