Jan 29, 2008

Baroque brooch







Today I'm almost finished with the big piece I'm making about the four seasons.

At the same time I did something small, a new brooch trying a new hair dress for the lady.

I saw some documentary films about Marie Therese this week and I think this influenced me...

The brooch is about 3"x2" (7x5cm) and has a pin on the back.

I made it out of self made felt, watercolored with different colors of wool, metallic organza and many pearls and sequins. She is richly hand stitched with self dyed thread.

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is sooo beautiful!
    Greetings Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. einfach wunderschön...komm immer mal wieder gerne vorbei und schaue mich hier um...LG Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, this is so pretty! I can see the Marie Therese influence..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous my dear, absolutely GORGEOUS!

    :)*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traumhaft und die Prise pompöser Barock ist wunderbar !

    ReplyDelete