Nov 23, 2007

A wish brings a wish brings a wish



Today I did something quite different because my son Johannes - who's a designer - inspired me to try a more contemporary piece.

This time I did machine stitching instead of hand stitching but I used my embellisher to punch the fabric to felt and I felted this nice pink under the face. I was extremely happy with this detail. It's really like painted. I draw the bag on a piece of self made paper. Then I put the piece on a canvas and stitched the words around the picture. Now it's ready to frame!

Heute habe ich, inspiriert durch meinen Sohn Johannes, der Designer ist, ein neues Stück gemacht. Es ist ganz anders als alles, was ich bisher gemacht habe.

Ich habe mit der Maschine, anstatt mit der Hand gestickt, habe aber doch den Embellisher gebraucht, um den Stoff an Filz zu binden. Auch habe unter dem Gesicht gefilzt. Ich bin entzückt, mit der Art, wie dieser rosa Fleck aussieht!. Wie bemalt. Die Tasche habe ich auf selbst geschöpftem Papier gezeichnet. Dann habe ich das Ganze auf Leinwand befestigt und rundherum mit der Maschine die Wörter gestickt.

4 comments:

  1. Love this new idea! The pink detail is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing...I am constantly amazed at your courage to keep trying new things! The machine stitched words are a nice touch too. Well done!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, susan, i always was very interested in new things... it can be a blessing or a curse! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Sarah and congratulations on the article in the Quilting Arts magazine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lieben Gruß an deinen Designersohn!! Super ist was die Inspiration bei dir bewirkt hat, das Werk gefällt mir sehr! Wird sicher nicht das letzte dieser Art sein, gell,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete